Best Art Towns in Florida - Vero Beach
As one of the best art towns in Florida, Vero Beach’s museums and galleries are the best of their kind; giving back to and educating the community, exhibiting local artists and hosting cultural events and festivals for all to enjoy. How can this sleepy beach town have so much financial muscle to produce such incredible art venues? Indian River County is Florida's 6th wealthiest county and one of the top 100 wealthiest in the United States. The Treasure Coast continues to attract more retiring CEO's of fortune 500 companies than anywhere in the world. Rich folks love art and the entire local Vero Beach community benefits because of it!
For example, Vero Beach art classes are available weekly and cater to all skill levels and medians. Here is a list of local classes, galleries, festivals and events:
- Artists Guild Gallery- mixed median, acrylic, watercolor, and oil painting classes; $25 per class. Mon- Thurs between 10:00am – 4:00pm.
- Darby Fine Art- painting classes
- Jill Pease Art Gallery & Teaching Studio- painting, life drawing, salons, and writing workshops using pastel, acrylic, oil, mixed median, and graphite.
- Lighthouse Art & Framing- sketch a live model, using median of choice at Open Studio Drawing Session every Wednesday night from 6:15pm - 8:15pm.
- The Laughing Dog Gallery- a sophisticated collection of art from emerging and acclaimed artists. Featuring pieces in glass, ceramics, sculpture, furniture and fine jewelry.
- Palm House Gallery and Studio- contemporary realism, portraiture, landscapes and narrative imagery. Works shops available during off season
- Regina Stark Gallery- works done by Regina in watercolor, acrylic, mixed media, printmaking, abstract and giclee. Art workshops, murals, and faux finishes are available by appointment.
- Sebastian River Art Club- Six rooms of over 150 members’ pieces of art. Featuring paintings, pottery, and sculptures.
- Vero Beach Museum of Art- offers accredited classes at the Museum Art School. Many different educational opportunities for youth and adult beginner or experienced artists. An eclectic mix of art median kept up at the museum’s three galleries: Holmes, Titelman, and Schumann.
- Vero Beach Art Club- Open Studio space during off-season, non-instructional. Life Figures and Portraits on Thursdays and Fridays, from January to April, beginning at 9:30am- 4:30pm.
- The Gala 2014: Havana Nights- an exploration of Cuban Art and Identity circa 1900-1950. Feb. 1, 2014
- Art in Bloom Luncheon- Bruce Bailey features a presentation on The Flowers Of Downtown Abbey, a popular series on BBC. Mar. 12, 2015
- Concert in the Sculpture Park- a series of musicians performing from 5:00pm- 7:00pm on various nights: Sept. 25,2014- Don Soledad; Oct. 30,2015- James Archer Quartet; Jan. 22, 2015- Ed Shanaphy; Mar. 13, 2015- Mark Green and the Rowdy Roosters; Apr. 16, 2015 Dave Mundy and Soulfege
Vero Beach has earned the status of a best art town in Florida due to the wide array of art programs made available to the public. Vero Beach art classes are a great way to get to know the beauty that lies within the seaside town and Vero Beach real estate neighboring the downtown area brings homeowners back to nature without sacrificing the convenience of the mainstream. The Treasure Coast's scenic beauty and relaxing life where encounters with great white egrets, bottle nosed dolphins and other native wildlife are the common create inspiration for the artists and Vero Beach real estate owners. Whether roaming around one of the many Vero Beach parks, hiking the famous Jungle Trail or boating on the Indian River Lagoon, the eye candy is incredible in Vero.
Folks searching for where to retire in Florida, may want to take a look at some of the most aesthetically pleasing Vero Beach communities we've found. If you're not working with a Vero Beach real estate broker, ask us to introduce you to our trusted colleague who can show you these neighborhoods and more:
The Island Club- Two neighborhoods: Oceanside and Riverside. 9 mile south of the Sebastian Inlet. Single-family homes begin in the high $300ks. Two clubhouses, two resort style pools, the Riverfront Fishing Pier, Tennis Court, and Beach Access.
Grand Harbor Golf and Beach Club- Three neighborhoods: Harbor Pointe, Harbor Island and Harbor Village. Homes begin at $200k to under $1 million and townhomes begin in the mid $100ks. Two championship golf courses designed by Pete Dye and Joe Lee. Protected Marina with 144 boat slips. 32,000 square foot Golf Clubhouse, Tennis Center with 10 Har-Tru Tennis Courts.
The Moorings- Located between the Barrier Island and Indian River Lagoon, featuring single-family homes for 380k to over $4 million. Condominiums begin at $1 million. Option of private boat docks. Executive style golf course designed by Pete Dye and gorgeous clubhouse overlooking the river. Amenities include a fitness center and swimming pool. The Sebastian Inlet is 19 miles north and Fort Pierce is 9 miles south with the northeastern tip of the Bahamas only 100 miles away.
Sea Oaks Beach and Tennis Club- Just 9 miles north of the Sebastian Inlet, deep- water homes start in the high $300k’s. Featuring Riverfront Fishing Pier, beach access, Two resort style Swimming Pools and Tennis Courts.
Palm Island Plantation- Townhomes begin at $700k and condominiums that begin at under $1 million. 12 boat slips are available for those not living in a deep-water home. Har-Tru Tennis courts, gorgeous Beach Clubhouse with swimming pools and Private Beach, Fitness Center, and access to Jungle Trail.
Vero Beach real estate offers endless locations for the aspiring artist. Consummating a beautiful marriage of relaxation and keen observation, Vero Beach art classes are affordable and include lessons from local artists that draw inspiration from the same place you do.
If you'd like to learn more about this best art town in Florida, ask for free Vero Beach relocation information.