Lakewood RanchWest Coast Middle Florida
Lakewood Ranch is a town in and of its own offering everything your heart might desire in the cozy comfort of a friendly family-oriented community. The curb appeal is superb and resident's know it in one of the best Florida retirement cities. On any given day, joggers, bicyclists and dog walkers can be seen enjoying the tropical way of life. Lakewood Ranch is spread across 13,500 acres with nine unique villages to find Florida Gulf Coast properties for sale.
Each neighborhood in has parks, nature trails and/or sports amenities. The four golf courses are Certified Audubon International Sanctuaries, three are private and one is open to the public. World class polo, cricket and 22 ball fields add to the exciting sports found within the neighborhood. About a fore iron away are the white-sugar sand beaches of Sarasota, a coastal city on the Gulf of Mexico repeatedly named as one of the best places to live in Florida. It's hard to find a more beautiful new homes Lakewood Ranch by Taylor Morrison Sarasota at Esplanade.
LAKEWOOD RANCH AMENITIES
- Four Championship Golf Courses
- Cypress Links designed by Arnold Palmer
- King's Dunes designed by Arnold Palmer
- Royal Lakes designed by Rick Robbins
- The Legacy Golf Club designed by Arnold Palmer
- 44,000 square foot Lakewood Ranch Country Clubhouse offering casual and fine dining
- 16,000 square foot The Lake Club Grande Clubhouse
- Tennis Center with 16 fast dry and two classic clay tennis courts, a stadium center court
- 11,400 square foot Athletic Center with a Resort-style swimming pool, a Jr Olympic heated lap pool and state of the art fitness equipment
- Sports Campus with 22 full size mixed-use ball fields spread across 140 acres
- Sarasota Polo Club with 9 fields and a regulation size arena
- 150 Miles of Walking Trails including the Hidden River Trail and Greenbrook Trail
- Three Community Parks - Heron's Nest Nature Preserve, Greenbrook Adventure Park and Braden River Park
- Main Street Shopping Complex with restaurants, specialty shops and a six-screen movie theater
Membership options at Lakewood Ranch Country Club include golf and tennis privileges. The Athletic Center membership is separate and the cost is approximately $1,200 per year. This tight knit community has an extensive social calendar of events taking place almost everyday of the week providing ample opportunities to make new friends and share in common interests at all age levels. Retirees have the benefit of enjoying no state income tax in one of the best Florida retirement cities.
The super-sized master planned community is planned to include 20,000 new homes Lakewood Ranch. Approximately 8,500 have been built to date among the nine neighborhoods. Lakewood Ranch is the largest green certified master-planned community in the United States. The community was honored recently with the American Trails Developer Award for its fantastic trail systems. From environmentally protecting the land to high quality green building, here's a glimpse at Florida Gulf Coast properties for sale at Lakewood Ranch:
- Country Club East - private gated community built around lakes, nature preserves and 18-holes of glorious Rick Robbins designed golf with a clubhouse planned for the near future. Single family homes start in the low $100k’s.
- Central Park is six distinct neighborhoods framing out a 10 acre park and will include dog parks, tennis courts, play areas, fountain park, ball park, walkways & benches for people to simply relax and enjoy. Single family homes start in the high $100k’s.
- The Lake Club is a Tuscan-inspired neighborhood centered around lakes and decorative bridges with luxury custom homes and its own Grande Clubhouse. Single family homes begin in the $600k’s.
- Greenbrook are neighborhoods that meander around lake a nature preserve. Adventure Park offers active play areas, an obstacle course, in-line skate/hockey rink and a dog park. Lakewood Ranch is one of the best dog friendly cities in Florida. Pedestrian trails connect across the Braden River Preserve to Heron's Nest Nature Park and Braden River Nature Trail. Single family homes begin in the $100k’s.
- The Country Club is a gated community centered around 54 holes of golf and The Athletic Center with 18 lighted tennis courts, heated pools and a state of the art fitness center. Townhomes and new homes Lakewood Ranch FL begin in the $200k’s.
- Esplande Golf & Country Club is the newest Lakewood Ranch neighborhood and has a Mediterranean theme. 1,250 single family homes and villas spread across 600 acres are planned. Prices range from the mid $200k's to the mid $400k's including Taylor Morrison Sarasota homes.
- Bridgewater will be a Lennar Home gated community featuring maintenance free homes.
- Edgewater is planned to a be a Mediterranean style neighborhood center around 160 acre Lake Uihlein. This neighborhood is within walking distance of Main Street, home to restaurants, shops and a movie theater.
- Summerfield is a new family-oriented neighborhood planned within walking distance of an elementary and middle school and borders the Braden River.
- Riverwalk is a new neighborhood planned centered around the 110 acre Heron’s Nest Nature Park. Trails will connect the homes and parks together.
There are 18 approved home builders which include Taylor Morrison Sarasota. Robert Willis Elementary School, R. Dan Nolan Middle School, Lakewood Ranch High School, and St. Mary Magdalene Episcopal School are the nearest best schools at Lakewood Ranch and the master planned community has its own 120 bed acute care hospital within the neighborhood.
Our real estate score for Lakewood Ranch in Sarasota Florida is 89.
When you travel to the best Florida retirement cities, let us know if you would like to receive free Sarasota relocation information to learn more about the area and Florida Gulf Coast properties for sale.
We're happy to share our secrets with you, to make your search more enjoyable.
Property Owner Reviews
Property Owner Reviews
In 1994, development began in Lakewood Ranch and since 2005 every village built here has used products and techniques that result in healthier, more energy efficient and environmentally responsible homes. Today, Lakewood Ranch is the largest green master planned community in the U.S.
No negative news is found on the internet about Lakewood Ranch.