Charleston New $143 Million Gaillard Center Opens
SOUTH CAROLINA RETIREMENT LIVING
After more than three years of design, construction, and a number of finishing touches, The Gaillard Center has finally opened in Charleston, South Carolina. With a price tag of $143.5 million, this brand new center for the performing arts is one that will dazzle for ages. Fashioned after classic European concert halls, the center will host world-class performances, and red-carpet events. For those who already live in Charleston, this is one more reason to be excited about South Carolina retirement living.
Beyond the Gaillard Center's elegant facade (reminiscent of a Vienna opera house), lies a performance hall finished with the most magnificent details. At the orchestra level, a soaring dome inspires booming acoustics, while the back of the hall rises up in three mezzanine-style galleries. Newly opened in October, this is certainly one of the best performance venues in South Carolina. Upcoming shows at the Gaillard Center will include:
- Vienna Boys Choir on 12/08/15
- Celtic Women (as seen on PBC) on 12/21/15
- The Broadway Tenors on 1/12/2016
- Arturo Sandoval and the Charleston Jazz Orchestra on 01/23/2016
- Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles on 03/02/16
- Disney's Fantasia Live in Concert on 03/04/2016
- The Little Mermaid by The Charlotte Ballet on 04/09/2016
You can visit the center's website for upcoming show and ticket information.
And if you are not familiar with Charleston and the benefits of South Carolina retirement living, the city is full of great things for families and retirees. Perhaps the biggest draw to the region, is the Atlantic Ocean coast, where you'll find many fun and wonderful South Carolina beach communities. Water plays a major role in Charleston's outdoor lifestyle , with boating, fishing, swimming, and beautiful beach and ocean views. With a thriving arts and culture scene, and delightful parks and gardens, Charleston is a place for those who take life at their leisure.
Residents also enjoy golf, shopping, sweet southern breezes, and excellent restaurants.
If you are interested in South Carolina retirement living, here a couple of Charleston's best South Carolina beach communities and more:
One of the best places to live in Charleston is a community called Daniel Island. Surrounded by rivers and creeks, this island town is ideal for those with active families. Residents here enjoy golf, tennis, water sports, and community fitness centers, as well as 18 miles of trails for walking, jogging, and cycling. Not only is the island home to residential properties, there are also businesses, schools, restaurants and shops, and even several churches. For adults, the Daniel Island Club features lounges and events, with two top-ranked golf courses, and an exceptional swimming center. Properties on the island include condos, town homes, vacant home sites, and single-family estates, with current listings ranging from the high $200's to nearly $1.4 million. Ask us more information about Daniel Island, one of best places to live in Charleston.
Another one of the best places to live in Charleston is the community Dunes West, which is especially popular among those who love the game of golf. Set amidst the waterways of South Carolina's low country, Dunes West is one of the region's premier golf communities. Golf features at Dunes West include:
- An award-winning Arthur Hills designed championship golf course, along the banks of the Wando River
- A driving range and practice green, with on-site pros to help you with your game
- A luxury clubhouse overlooking Wagner Creek, with dining at The Grill, a pro shop, and private locker rooms
- Further amenities at Dunes West include an Athletic and Swim Club (with a water park and leisure pools), a Racquet Club (with 9 lighted tennis courts), and a boat launch on Wagner Creek. Residents here love to live an active daily lifestyle. Properties at Dunes West range from the high $400's to more than $1 million, with town homes, single-family homes, and vacant home sites currently listed for sale. Ask us more information about Dunes West, another one of best places to live in Charleston.
If you love the ocean, Wild Dunes is known by many as one of the best South Carolina beach communities and vacation destinations. Located on the Isle of Palms, this pristine beachfront community features residences and a resort. From 2012-2014, Wild Dunes was named:
- "Top Resort in The Southern U.S." by Conde Nast Traveler Readers
- "The World's Best Hotels For Families" by Travel and Leisure Magazine
Which makes it a wonderful place to live, as residents can enjoy the resorts award-winning amenities. These include tennis, sailing, spa services, and seven delectable options for dining. Wild Dunes is also known as one of Charleston's great golf destinations. Here you'll find 36 holes of Tom Fazio signature courses, 18 of which are flanked by views of the sweeping Atlantic Ocean.
Residential properties at Wild Dunes include condos, cottages, waterfront villas, and single-family homes, with prices ranging from the mid $300's to over $2 million. Ask us for more information about Wild Dunes, one of the best South Carolina beach communities and previous Bliss Award winner.
If you plan to retire soon, Charleston is a blissful place spend your golden days. And winter is an excellent time of year to pay a visit. If you have the time, come down to the most charming city in South Carolina, and explore some of the most exclusive South Carolina beach communities.