Fall in Love with Greenville, SC
What will you love about Greenville, South Carolina? As any of Greenville’s residents can tell you, pretty much everything. In fact, it's no coincidence this growing city has been named one of the "Best Places to Live" in the country for the past several years. Downtown Greenville is one of the most successful and famous has revitalized downtowns in the country. Centered around the beautiful Falls Park, Greenville’s Main Street features nationally-recognized restaurants, great shopping, a performing arts center, and a bustling farmer’s market populated with local vendors.
Arts & Culture in Greenville
A lover of the arts? You can take your pick: there’s no shortage of art and culture in downtown Greenville. Visit one of the city’s many art galleries, see the sights at the annual Artisphere Festival, or enjoy a show at any of Greenville’s countless event venues, both big and small. Try Bon Secours or the Peace Center for an evening of all-out entertainment, and sample the local talent at Greenville’s little theaters.
Food & Drink in Greenville
As the city has grown, so too has its dining scene. With over 600 establishments countywide and more than 100 in the downtown core alone, Greenville’s burgeoning foodie scene offers a diverse range of flavors to please even the most discerning palates.
Of course, traditional Southern comfort food is always on the menu, and where better to find it than in South Carolina? But Greenville has also notably embraced local ingredients and championed farm-to-table dining to bring you the freshest meal imaginable. Whether you’re in the mood for authentic down-home soul food, a farm-fresh bite, a meal on the go, or a unique blend of traditional and contemporary, Greenville has something to pique your palate.
Urban Green Space
You don’t even have to go far afield to experience the beauty of nature - you can find it right in the heart of the downtown! Falls Park is truly a sight for sore eyes, and it’s just a few steps away from Greenville’s historic West End. Here, you can witness the park’s crown jewel: the gorgeous Reedy River Falls, called “the cradle of Greenville” by early settlers because of its verdant majesty.
In the early 2000s, Falls Park underwent a major restoration and revitalization project to make it a beautiful, flourishing natural attraction that would welcome visitors from all over. Visitors can now traverse the park’s 355-foot long suspension bridge and enjoy an unimpeded view of the exquisite upper falls and the lush gardens below.
Greenville also has an abundance of scenic parks and a lively cycling culture.
Hike the miles of the Swamp Rabbit Trail, enjoy the lakes—Keowee, Jocassee, and Hartwell—traverse the mountains, and follow the Cherokee Foothills Scenic Highway to reach state parks, including Table Rock, Keowee-Toxaway, and Caesars Head.
Community Spotlight: Among The Cliffs
The Cliffs’ active living communities truly embody the concept of “the best of both worlds.” Here, rich natural beauty meets modern metropolis - and there’s no place better than The Cliffs communities to find your home in South Carolina.
- The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards. Keowee Vineyards is an exquisite blend of lakeside luxury and mountain getaway, interspersed with muscadine grape vineyards. Take in the sights from the golf green, on horseback, from the miles of lush hiking trails, or from the water itself.
- The Cliffs at Glassy. Perched atop Glassy Mountain, you can see for miles and miles - 75 on a clear day, to be precise. There’s nothing quite as refreshing as a breath of fresh mountain air to start the day.
- The Cliffs Valley. Explore the rolling hills, grassy valleys, and top-tier nature education in this Cliffs community.
- The Cliffs at Keowee Springs. Lining the tranquil shores of Lake Keowee, laid-back lakefront living is the name of the game at Keowee Springs.
- The Cliffs at Keowee Falls. Miles of private shoreline, acres of protected forest, and unimpaired views of mountain sunsets - what’s not to love?
- The Cliffs at Mountain Park. Rustic cabin living paired with mountain views, rolling hills, and a winding river make Mountain Park truly special.
All Cliffs communities boast incredibly modern and convenient amenities, from clubhouses and stylish dining to sports facilities, swimming pools, and community marinas (for lakeside communities). They also feature some of the country's best golf courses, highlighted by breathtaking views.
And the best part of all? Membership at one Cliffs club grants you access to all the Cliffs facilities, from lakefront to mountaintop. Enjoy the moment and take it all in: The Cliffs are calling you home.
To request more information on Greenville, SC, or any of the Cliffs communities, fill out the form below.