The Reserve at Lake Keowee 2016 Bliss Award Winner Best Community Spirit of the Year Western South Carolina Learn More
The Coves Mountain River Club 2017 Bliss Award Winner Best Mountain Community of the Year Western North Carolina Learn More
Currahee Club 2015 Bliss Award Winner Best Georgia Community of the Year Northern Georgia Learn More
Logan Homes Trusted in the Carolinas
Hampton Lake 2016 Bliss Award Winner Best Lake Community of the Year Coastal South Carolina Learn More
Tennis Anyone? Big Canoe Has Indoor Tennis Too!
If you’re a fan of playing tennis all year around, you'll likely need to join a tennis center in the South, as winter makes it difficult to play on outdoor courts. On the other hand, you can move to a community with indoor tennis courts, and amenities to play the game in any type of weather. While most master-planned communities have a tennis court or two, you'll find a lively tennis club at Big Canoe in Georgia. With beautiful mountain homes for sale and excellent weather Jasper GA, Big Canoe is the perfect community for tennis aficionados looking to relocate or purchase a second home.
Home to one of the finest tennis centers in the Atlanta area, Big Canoe is every tennis lover’s dream come true. With more than 300 members, the Big Canoe tennis center features:
- two indoor tennis courts
- two ClayTec all-weather courts
- two outdoor hard courts
- four outdoor Har Tru clay courts
- four lighted courts for nighttime play
- tennis leagues
- a pro shop
- sponsors clinics
- and special tennis events for couple, singles, youth and seniors
If you need to upgrade your gear, Big Canoe's tennis pro shop carries women’s and men’s clothing. At the shop, you'll find tennis-wear by Tail, Wilson, Prince, Boast and Head, as well as a full line of accessories, shoes and a full line of Head racquets. Professional stringing and racquet customization services are also available. And for beginners, or for those who want to improve upon their game, there are private and group lessons seven days a week, taught by USPTA certified teaching professionals.
And at Big Canoe, special tennis events are held all throughout the year. Through June of 2017, Big Canoe's Racquet Club Calendar includes:
- March 18, Saturday Round Robin Mixer - 4 PM to 6 PM
- April 1, Saturday Pickleball Season Opener - 2 PM to 4 PM
- April 21-23 Tennis Tournament “Battle of Big Canoe”
- April 29, Saturday Pickleball Member Tournament
- May 14, Sunday Twilight Tennis - 4 PM to 6 PM
- May 29, Monday Memorial Day Celebration Tennis/Pickleball - 9 AM to 11 AM
- May 30, Tuesday Summer Camp Begins
- June 9, Friday Twilight Tennis - 5 PM to 7 PM
- June 17, Saturday Relay for Life Round Robin - 8 AM-10 AM & 10AM - 12 noon
Or for those who prefer a slower pace, Big Canoe has an avid pickleball community, with four lighted pickleball courts open year around. The courts can be reserved by anyone living or visiting in Big Canoe by calling the Racquet Club. Beginner's pickleball clinics are held every Thursday from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. Pickleball clinic with the pro is every Wednesday from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. And round robin pickleball play is Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 pm. and every Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10:00 am to 11:00 am.
We encourage you to explore the beautiful mountain homes for sale too. The Big Canoe real estate development is friendly mountain community. Here folks can choose from long range view mountain homes, golf course mansions or cozy villas, rustic cottages on a lake, or land to build a home. And this is all located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, with spectacular views and mild Jasper GA weather.
Besides its 16,000 square foot tennis center, Big Canoe has a number of other sports amenities, which makes it great for healthy, active living in retirement. When you become an owner of Big Canoe real estate, you have access to a whole new world of amenities including:
- 27-hole championship golf course designed by Joe Lee, with a stunning lakefront clubhouse
- indoor heated saline swimming pool, and outdoor heated swimming pool
- 16,000 square foot state-of-the-art fitness center
- 22 miles of award winning nature trails for walking, hiking and biking
- 3 private mountain-fed lakes for fishing, boating and other water sports
- community boat docks and a marina store
- three dog parks
- The Villages market
January is a wonderful time to visit Big Canoe, when the Jasper GA weather averages 39 degrees. The winters are mild. It rarely snows and when it does, it’s gorgeous. Peek out the windows and sit by a warm fire as you enjoy the warmth your cozy mountain home. Tennis lovers can play indoors all throughout the year, and enjoy all of the wonderful things to do in the mountain community.
Call Big Canoe directly at 866.244.2266 to schedule a tour.