Big Canoe Welcomes the Atlanta Mandolin Orchestra
50 miles north of Atlanta, the Big Canoe mountain community is getting ready for a gripping performance. On March 26, owners of beautiful mountain homes at Big Canoe, will welcome the Atlanta Mandolin Orchestra, including Big Canoe residents Bob and Barbara Knysz. Bob Knysz is concertmaster, and Barbara plays Mandocello, in this unique group dedicated to the art of mandolin music.
The concert will begin at 4:00 p.m, at Big Canoe's charming and cozy chapel, where people gather for holidays, weddings and special events like this one. The warm glow of the chapel, and the intimacy of the stage, make it a great venue for musical performances. Having hosted the orchestra before, residents are excited for another night of mandolins in mountains.
The Big Canoe Chapel is adored by the community, as a familiar place for friends and neighbors to meet, mingle and worship. In the summertime, when the weather is perfect for music and dancing, the chapel hosts regular concerts outside on the chapel terrace. This summer's concerts include the country music Kurt Thomas Band, and the Satisfaction Rolling Stones Tribune Show Band. The concerts are on Saturday evenings throughout the season, which make summer nights a lot of fun in these rustic mountain homes.
Tickets for the Atlanta Mandolin Orchestra are $10 with advanced registration, and $12 on the day of the concert. Tickets can be purchased at Canoe Lodge or the Fitness Center and are non-refundable.
Big Canoe is an 8,000 acre gated mountain community in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia, with rustic mountain homes surrounded by beautiful lakes and forests. Nature trails in the community lead to mountain paths with creeks and waterfalls. It is because of the lush mountain scenery, the cozy homes, the events and amenities, that thousands of people have fallen in love with Big Canoe real estate.
Located in the Georgia mountain town of Jasper, Big Canoe is a sanctuary one hour north of Atlanta. Jasper has nice people, restaurants, vineyards and wineries, and is known as one of the south's most affordable mountain towns. Residents enjoy a quiet life amidst the Blue Ridge Mountains, with an easy commute to work and all that the city has to offer. And as an owner of Big Canoe real estate, you'll have access to a whole new world of top amenities, such as:
- a 27-hole championship golf course in the Blue Ridge Mountains, with rushing streams, green valleys, and spectacular mountain scenery
- a Racquet Club with 4 outdoor Har-Tru clay courts, 2 ClayTech all-weather courts (outdoor), 2 Hard Courts (outdoor), and 2 indoor Courts
- 3 freshwater lakes with swimming, fishing, boating, paddle boarding, canoeing and kayaking
- 20 miles of hiking trails through the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains
- a 17,000 square foot state-of-the-art fitness center, with free weights, cardio machines, yoga classes and more
- a full service spa offering massages, hot stone treatments, and reflexology
- several options for drinking and dining with neighbors, friends and guests
- If you are interested in Big Canoe real estate, in one of Georgia's most affordable mountain towns, you can book a tour to come explore this unbelievable community. A great example of available homes is one at 67 Bear Creek Point, a 3-bedroom, 2 full bath, 2,908 square foot property. This home features a 2 car garage, a 42" Fireplace w/ stone on hardwood floors, granite kitchen counter tops, granite tops in all bathrooms, and soaring 9 foot high ceilings. Located in the Wildcat neighborhood, this home is close to golf, a lake, the marina, a park, and community fitness facilities. The home is currently listed for $539,000.
To tour this home, or other homes for sale in Big Canoe, make your way to Jasper next weekend. Not only is it one of the most affordable mountain towns, it is a great place for active families and retirees. And if you like the live, dynamic sounds of mandolins in the mountains, you can plan around the concert of the Atlanta Mandolin Orchestra.