2018 Naples Florida Market Report
As the stock market continues to rise, portfolio values are rising respectively which continues to encourage folks to migrate south for better weather, lower taxes and a higher quality of life. Naples is a beach community where happiness meets healthiness. In fact, Collier County continues to recognized for the longest life expectancy in the country. Naples residents have a plethora of outdoor recreational and fitness activities, social opportunities, and enchriching educational and cultural venues. All of these lifestyles lead to longer and happier lives in Naples neighborhoods.
The good news, things have returned back to normal post Hurricane Irma. Here’s a quick overview of the Naples Florida homes for sale market year over year (2016/2017):
- Inventory is down 8% from last year - this means less homes for sale to choose from
- Total sales are up 4% over last year; interest in Naples still strong. Experts agree this number would likely be higher if Hurricane Irma had not stalled sales in the last quarter of 2017
- Median price is $330,000 (single family homes $418,000, condos $263,000)
- Homes for sale priced under $300,000 are selling the quickest
- Luxury condominiums priced over $1 million saw a 14% increase in closed sales
Upcoming Parade of Homes - Your opportunity to see new homes in Naples FL at the best neighborhoods and meet builders
Dates: February 17-18 & 24-25, Saturdays 10-5 & Sundays 12-5pm
Be sure to pick a newspaper for a detailed map of homes on the parade.
Tips for Home Buying in a Competitive Market
- Obtain a pre-approval letter (not pre-qual letter) from your lender which can give you an advantage in a bidding war where several buyers are interested in the same home.
- Be flexible and prepare mentally that you may have to compromise on your home selection. If what you want is set in stone, consider building a new home.
- Be ready to act quickly. Timing is everything in a seller’s market. Buyers who wait to ‘think about’ may miss the best opportunities.
- Keep your offer simple. The more contingencies a buyer places in an offer, the more likely a seller will accept another buyer’s less complicated offer.
7 REASONS WHY NAPLES CONTINUES TO BE A RED HOT REAL ESTATE MARKET
BEACH BUM’S PARADISE
No need for closed toed shoes or winter jackets. This is flip flop country. Here you’ll find some of the best sugar-sandy beaches in Florida. Beaches like Barefoot Beach, Naples Pier, Vanderbilt Beach and Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park, places to spend timeless sunny days searching for sand dollars and seashells. Did you know residents park for free? And let’s admit it, there’s no where like Naples Pier to watch the colorful sunsets on the Gulf of Mexico. We see more and more boomers choosing to live on vacation, year round, in Naples.
A tropical bliss. 264 days of sunshine annually with temperatures ranging from 59-90 degrees.
STELLAR SHOPPING AND FOODIE SCENE
- Miromar Outlets - 140 outlet stores and restaurants in north Naples
- Mercato - upscale shopping near Vanderbilt Beach
- Fifth Avenue South - Naples fashion district and 34 unique dining venues
- Third Street South - something’s always happing on Third
- Tin City - historic mix of waterfront shops and eateries
- Naples Art District - home to more than three dozen galleries and studios
THE GENEROUS ZONE
Did you know Naples gives more per capita to local charities than any other city in the country? According to the 2017 Fidelity Charitable Giving Report, folks in Naples have big hearts!
ENTERTAINMENT FIT FOR KINGS
- Artis Naples - a chic venue with over 300 performances per year and home of the Naples Philharmonic
- Gulfshore Opera, Gulfshore Playhouse & Gulf Coast Symphony
- Naples Jazz Society - free concerts throughout the year at various community parks
- Naples Players - 50 years of drama, comedy and musical performances
- Opera Naples - home to two opera companies
- Community School of Naples - an intimate theater for up close performances
90 private and public golf courses and many are located in Naples FL retirement communities!
SAFEST CITIES IN FLORIDA
Marco Island ranked Florida’s safest community in 2017 by the National Council for Home Safety and Security tracking home security across the nation.
POPULAR NEIGHBORHOODS IN NAPLES
AVE MARIA - affordable housing and great schools including the Catholic Ave Maria University
EAST NAPLES - new gated communities near Marco Island
GOLDEN GATE - established unrestricted neighborhoods with large home parcels
NORTH NAPLES - luxury gated communities like Miromar Lakes
OLD NAPLES - historic homes dating back to the early 1900’s near the beach
PELICAN BAY - mixed development with oceanfront condominiums, single family homes and golf course estates
MARCO ISLAND - beachfront condominiums and homes on deepwater canals
Having a local real estate expert to lean on can give you an advantage in this competitive home sales environment. We’ll include his contact information in our complimentary Naples relocation guide.
Popular Naples FL retirement communities include Valencia Bonita, Del Webb Naples and Glenview at Pelican Bay.