Artisphere - Top Art Festivals in the Carolina Mountains
Art enthusiasts throughout the country are headed to the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains to experience one of the most discerning and eclectic display of artistry, culinary expression, musical venues of all varieties and inviting interactive “do-it-yourself” workshops for folks of all ages at the upcoming 2018 Artisphere to be held May 11th through the 13th in the chic urban city of Greenville South Carolina.
Strategically located between Charlotte, North Carolina and Atlanta, Georgia, this progressive city becomes a main attraction as the 14th Annual Event draws thousands who to come and enjoy some of the finest artistic, culinary and cultural entertainment offered in this spectacular mountain retreat surrounded with austere landscaping and a bevy of outdoor activities to celebrate the change of season.
Noted as one of the “Top 10 Art Festivals in the U.S.” (Art Fair Sourcebook) and a “Top 20 Event in the Southeast” (Southeast Tourism Society), the event draws the “best of the best” artists from all over the world to showcase their talents and works of art to provide a dynamic 3-day event that is highly acclaimed and attended by travelers looking to explore one of the best cities to live in South Carolina and enjoy a fun packed weekend extravaganza.
This year, only 135 artists were invited from over 1,100 applicants to display their works of art on Artist Row at Artisphere this year making this a major exclusive draw for the art community country wide. Hosted by TD Bank, the event is free to the public and is one of the most highly attended art shows in the country. Come and experience art at its finest, enjoy great regional cuisine, excellent wine selections, craft beers, superb entertainment, and kid’s festivities while admiring the blooming wildflowers and cascading waterfalls in the mountainous terrain that decorates the city of Greenville this time of year. It is also the ideal time to explore some of the best Greenville SC golf communities that are positioned throughout the region.
The Upcountry nestled in the foothills of the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains, is thriving and is where residents enjoy world-class eateries, art galleries, museums, antique shops and trendy boutiques that rival any other city found in South Carolina which has made it one of the fastest growing “small towns” in the South.
Artisphere is the great reason to explore life in the Upstate. Here are some the highlights at this year’s event:
- ART LAB is a hands-on artist demo stage filled with unique DIY projects to discover the artist within. Courses offered include: hand dyeing, Mini Picasso Painting Classes for kids, the Art of Handmade Paper, Vino and Van Gogh, Paint Your Own Pottery, Watercolor Poppies and Brush Lettering to name a few. This is the perfect time to experience one of the many lifelong learning courses available at this year’s event.
- The ART OF HEALTHY LIVING exhibit encourages the importance of physical activity and healthy eating sponsored by the University of South Carolina creating a fun and interactive experience for families to enjoy together while learning the importance of living well.
- The ART IN ACTION stage featuring the dynamic visual art demos of Brian Olsen who creates unique pieces of art using music, energy and passion. Creating captivating canvasses of famous people, his awestriking performances of artistic expression is thrilling and well worth the visit to this one of a kind venue of emotion filled with incredible talent and enthusiasm for the arts and his artworks are truly exceptional.
- ART DEMO ROW is the place to experience incredible artists demonstrating their unique talents in creating a wide variety of genres in the artworld. Glass blowing, metal working, printmaking and woodworking are some of the skills displayed at this unique collection of artisans.
- CULINARY ARTS CAFÉ is a delectable display of regional cuisine from local restaurants offering a great place to sit back and enjoy some awesome food choices while enjoying some incredible musical talent at the Café Stage centrally located on East Broad Street. Come, eat, drink, dance and be merry at the hub of Artisphere 2018.
- KIDSPHERE North is a place for kids to come learn arts, crafts and painting skills to expand their artistic talents. Handmade hats, Super Hero Masks, Mother’s Day Cards and Creative Minds Painting are offered at the North Activity Center while the new Kidsphere South offers a drum percussion studio and the Logos Theatre to lead the little ones through the exploration of musical instruments and theatrical costuming. This is new this year and highly anticipated by those attending.
- WINE & CRAFT BEER EXPERIENCE is the perfect time to sample some amazing wines and craft beers with guidance from local experts accompanied with tasting food samplings from Lowes Foods, five tastes are being offered for only $10.
The hours for the Artisphere are 12pm to 8pm on Friday, May 11th; 10am to 8pm on Saturday, May 12th; and 11am to 6pm Sunday May 13th. There will be after hour concerts from 8pm to 9:45pm with daily hourly performances scheduled throughout the event at the Culinary Arts Café Stage, the WYFF-4 Main Stage and Art in Action with Brian Olsen. There is an incredible collection of bands, dancing, yoga, theatrical performances, ballet, and endless entertainment for the entire family.
While visiting one of the best cities to live in South Carolina, take the time to venture out to explore nearby Greenville SC golf communities such as The Cliffs. Three of the impressive lakefront communities embrace pristine Lake Keowee a lake region with 18,500 acres of preserved landscaping for outdoor adventures and recreation.
The Cliffs’ lifestyle includes member access to all seven of private communities in the region. Included in the portfolio of amenities are seven nationally acclaimed golf courses, 6 state-of-the-art fitness centers, numerous wine clubs, 50 incredible restaurant venues to choose from, an organic farm and over 4,000 programs and social activities that are offered year-round.
Add boating, watersports, a beach club, a marina, cycling/hiking trails, tennis courts, paddle sports, an equestrian center and folks realize that this is one of the best finds for all inclusive living in this spectacular mountain region.
With stunning views of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the background and beautiful sunsets over Lake Keowee, the Cliffs communities are the perfect place to find or build your dream in the suburbs of Greenville. Home prices range from $350,000 to over $6 million
Here’s a glimpse of the six award winning Western South Carolina neighborhoods:
- The Cliffs at Mountain Park - 4050 Cherokee Foothills Scenic Hwy, Marietta, SC 29661
Walkable links-style Gary Player Signature golf course surrounded by 5,000 acres rolling mountain topography. Rustic clubhouse with a modern twist. Comprehensive state-of-the-art wellness center next door to an Italian inspired village. Daily mountain adventures await residents providing the perfect place to live a life of excitement.
- The Cliffs at Keowee Falls - 341 Keowee Baptist Church Rd | Six Mile, SC 29682
Twenty miles of Lake Keowee shoreline and 2,500 acres of lush forestry accented by cascading waterfalls makes this property stand out. Add an award-winning Jack Nicklaus golf course, a spectacular clubhouse with fine dining and a complete wellness facility and look no more.
- The Cliffs at Keowee Springs - 494 Keowee Baptist Road, Six Mile, South Carolina 29682
Considered one the most “family friendly” communities, this property features a Beach Club, surf shack and water slides to invite endless summer thrills. The Tom Fazio golf course designated as “three sixes” offers play for all levels and is the home course for the ladies’ golf group. The Turnhouse Bisro is fab for a delicious meal and is midway through the greenway. Paddleboarding, kayaking and hiking provide great ways to stay in shape and enjoy the great outdoor scenery. Nearby Clemson is the favorite college of choice for young adults making this a prime choice for families.
- The Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards - 824 Clubhouse Drive, Sunset, South Carolina 29685
Muscadine grapes are signature to this community that boasts amazing views of Lake Keowee, an 18-hole Tom Fazio golf course, and 200-miles of picturesque horseback trails from the award winning Equestrian Center. Lakeside Wellness Center provides all the necessities to stay in tip top shape. The Marina is ideal for water sports whether by speedboat, Jet Ski or kayak and the mouth-watering lakefront restaurant at the stellar clubhouse provides the perfect ending to the perfect day living at this spectacular neighborhood.
- The Cliffs at Glassy - 200 Fire Pink Way, Landrum, South Carolina 29356
This mountaintop retreat provides panoramic 75-mile views on a clear day and is the original Cliffs’ community. Weekly potlucks at the Overlook Pavilion are just a piece of the active social calendar that makes this community thrive. The Tom Jackson mountaintop greenway will take your breath away and is considered one of the most scenic courses in America. The Wellness Center has a pool, tennis and pickleball courts and the Clubhouse is austere with incredible views of the glorious mountainous terrain surrounding the property. From cigars aficionados to pickleball enthusiasts, residents here enjoy a life fulfilled every single day.
- The Cliffs Valley - 250 Knightsridge Road, Travelers Rest, South Carolina 29690
The 28,000 square foot Clubhouse is the anchor of this highly social neighborhood that is located just outside Greenville. Surrounded with miles of pristine hiking trails, a private dog park and a user friendly walkable Ben Wright golf course, this community offers non-stop activities with cycling enthusiasts, an active tennis club and a 15,000 Wellness Center, this is the mecca of healthy living. Add delicious dining options and this is the place to call home.
Remember, that each resident can enjoy the amenities found at all seven Cliffs properties with their club membership. Take the time to explore each property location and know that the entire package is yours when you buy or build a home at any of the prestigious Cliffs’ neighborhoods. With so many options available, there is the perfect home waiting in your future at The Cliffs estate locations.
Plans to attend Artisphere and discover why Greenville is considered one of the best cities to live in South Carolina. For those considering relocation, contact The Cliffs directly at 864.249.4503 to check on Discovery Package availability and to schedule a tour.
With endless outdoor adventures, an abundance of cultural events, colorful festivals and a multitude of lifelong learning courses available throughout the region, you will quickly understand why this is the place to come after spending some time here.
If you’re new to Greenville, ask for our complimentary Greenville relocation information to help you learn more about the Upstate. It’s our pleasure to help!