Packages include the master site plan, current price list and discovery packages offered.
Linville RidgeWestern North Carolina
As the sun slowly sets painting shades of rose and purple across the sky, the mountains to the west reveal stunning formations. Another day is drawing to a close as residents settle in for a relaxing evening after a fun filled day at Linville Ridge, one of the prettiest mountain golf courses. Just 10 minutes from one of the best college towns, this Western North Carolina real estate development near Grandfather Mountain lies at elevations from 4,000 to 5,000 feet. In fact, hole #13 stands at 4,945 feet above sea level claiming the accolade of highest elevation golf course east of the Mississippi River. In 2013, Golf Digest named Linville Ridge on the list of Best in State Top 100 Golf Courses.
The club offers golf, sports and social club memberships. Club membership is not mandatory. Full members have an initiation fee of $50,000 with dues of $10,800 annually and an additional $1,000 Food/Beverage minimum charge. National members may join with a $12,500 initiation fee and $5,400 annual dues. Other amenities include an international croquet court, golf and tennis pro shops, a heated swimming pool, an active social calendar and children’s activities. Members describe the club as a ‘top-of-the-world’ experience.
Situated about an hour and half northeast of Asheville, this mountain top development established in 1982, has continued to grow and offers an expansive array of activities including 18 holes of challenging golf at the Linville Country Club, the signature amenity of one of the finest North Carolina golf communities. The gated community offers a large variety of living alternatives, from condominiums to town homes to beautifully appointed estates. Various areas within the community still have homesites available for tailored custom homes.
LINVILLE RIDGE AMENITIES
- 24 Hour Manned Gated Entrance
- 18 Hole Championship Golf Course re-designed by Bobby Weed
- 30,000 Square foot Clubhouse with four dining options
- 6,000 Square foot Fitness Center & Day Spa
- Outdoor Heated Swimming Pool
- 8 Har-Tru Tennis Courts
- 2 International Croquet Courts
- Hiking Trails
Established by Lutgert Companies in 1982, Linville Ridge has grown to be one of the premier North Carolina golf communities offering a wide range of activities and opportunities to fulfill the desires of even the most selective.
Lutgert has established a reputation as a creative, environmentally responsible developer of luxury communities since 1964. The established Western North Carolina real estate development is no exception. Linville Ridge is comprised of a number of twenty distinct neighborhoods, each offering unique living opportunities from home type and size, to views afforded.
- Branch Water Run - Single family homes long range views and golf course views
- Branlaire - Summit location with single family homes and condominiums
- Bridgeway/Vista Way - Single family cottages close to amenities
- Brookhill - Condominium neighborhood close to amenities
- Chestnut Trail - Single family estate homes
- Club Cliffs - Private area with grand estates
- Cranberry Cove - Newest neighborhood with luxury townhomes
- Crest Trail - Near amenities with golf course views
- Crestview - Mountaintop living with townhomes and condominiums
- Dam Trail - Golf course and Grandfather Mountain views
- Grouse Moor - Single family homes and condominiums near amenities
- Moon Run - Estate homes along the golf course
- Mountain View - Single family cottages
- Oak Ridge - Mountaintop single family homes and luxury townhomes
- Ridge Drive - Single family homes on larger land parcels
- Rock Ledge Lane - Single family homes on gentle topography
- Split Rock Estates - Estate homes on 7 to 30+ acres
- Summit - High elevation homes
- Water Court - Low maintenance single family cottages
- Woodlands - Single family homes and townhomes
Single family cottages are found in Bridgeway, Vista Way, Mountain View, and Water Court. These range in square footage from about 1500 to 3000+ and are at elevations ranging from 4000 to 4100 feet.
Condominiums and townhomes are available in Branlaire, Brookhill, Cranberry Cove, Crest Trail, Crestview, Grouse Moor, and Oak Ridge. These worry-free living options range in size from about 1800 square feet to 3800 square feet and are found at elevations ranging from 4000 feet to 4900 feet. Single family homes comprise the majority of offerings and are found in the neighborhoods of Branch Water, Branlaire, Chestnut Trail, Crest Trail, Dam Trail, Grouse Moor, Ridge Drive, and Rock Ledge Lane. Square footage and styles vary.
If your family dreams of living in an expansive luxury estate at one of the prettiest mountain golf courses, multiple options are available at Linville Ridge including the Club Cliffs with only 5 sites of approximately 3 acres, Moon Run with 1 acre sites at an elevation of 4100 feet and square footage of 4800+, Split Rock Estates at an average elevation of 4500 feet, offering lots of 7 to 30 acres and homes of 7000+ square feet, and Summit, offering only nine 2 acres sites at elevations of 5000 feet.
Lots from one acre to over 20 acres are available from low $100K to $800K. Single family homes currently available range in price from mid $600K to $5M+. Condominiums and townhomes currently are priced from low $500K to mid $800K. As a popular vacation and second home community, rentals for a minimum of one month are permitted.
The closest best schools to Linville Ridge include the Avery County public schools of Banner Elk Elementary, Avery Middle School, Avery County High School. Private schools include Crossnore Academy, K – 12, and Tri-county School, K – 12.
Our real estate score for Linville Ridge in Linville North Carolina is 79.
When you travel to explore North Carolina golf communities, let us know if you'd like to receive free Asheville relocation information to help you get to know the area.
We're happy to share our secrets with you, to make your search more enjoyable.
Request Stay & Play Package
Property Owner Reviews
Property Owner Reviews
The Lutgert Companies has been creating new experiences in luxury living for its clients and business partners for more than forty years. The company’s commitment to quality, elegance and service remains as solid today as it was in 1964 when Raymond L. Lutgert broke ground on the development of a 760-acre parcel bordering a pristine piece of Naples, Florida beachfront.
No negative news is found on the internet about Lutgert Companies or Linville Ridge.