The Coves Mountain River Club 2017 Bliss Award Winner Best Mountain Community of the Year Western North Carolina Learn More
Logan Homes Trusted in the Carolinas
Hampton Lake 2016 Bliss Award Winner Best Lake Community of the Year Coastal South Carolina Learn More
The Reserve at Lake Keowee 2016 Bliss Award Winner Best Community Spirit of the Year Western South Carolina Learn More
Currahee Club 2015 Bliss Award Winner Best Georgia Community of the Year Northern Georgia Learn More
Year End Reflections From Big Canoe in the Blue Ridge Mountains
2016 was a great year in Big Canoe, an award winning gated mountain community in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia. As the New Year approaches, we’re enjoying looking back at everything we’ve accomplished as a community, as well as the many fun times we’ve shared inside the gates. Here are just a few highlights:
• Bears and Wildlife: We had many exciting black bear encounters in Big Canoe this year, prompting us to share with you a brief guide to help keep everyone safer and protect these magnificent creatures that inhabit the surrounding woodlands. Residents also shared many amazing photos of our black bears.
• Charity: Big Canoe gave back to the community big time, with several charity events throughout the year, including the Legacy of Caring Marketplace, Big Canoe Wellness Collaborative Taste of the Mountains event, the annual Fireman’s fundraiser and much more.
• Contests: We sponsored a photo contest on Social Media with our friends from Atlanta Trails, to find the best #GeorgiaSpring photo. Contestants were challenged to show off their best Georgia spring photos via Instagram and Twitter, competing to win an exciting stay in Big Canoe. Ultimately, we had to choose one winner and it was Matt Boucher’s photo of sweet tea sipping on the Chattahoochee River. We had a blast hosting Matt and his guests, and you can read all about his experience here.
• Discovery Visits: Many people took advantage of our Discovery Package, reserving exclusive lodging and use of our amenities to learn more about Canoe Life. We were excited to see so many new faces and make new friends along the way.
• Easter: The annual Easter Celebration was EGGcellent this year, complete with a visit from the Easter Bunny himself. Children hunted for Easter eggs all over Wildcat Recreation Area.
• Social Media Training: We hosted Facebook 101 and Instagram 101 training classes for our residents to get them up to speed on all of the latest tips and tricks for some of the most popular social media websites.
• Summer Fun: There’s nothing like Summer fun in the Mountains, and we did it right with a Fourth of July Celebration with fireworks and the Family Fun Day, the Cardboard Boat Race Regatta and swimming at our pools, lakes and rock slide.
• Trails: We teamed up with Atlanta Trails again to create a brand new digital experience for our website. They developed awesome interactive pages that map, photograph and detail every mile of our extensive, award-winning trail system. Each trail guide features detailed descriptions, helpful photos, interactive maps, and parking information to help you make the most out of each adventure into the woods.
Again, these are just a FEW of the dozens of events we enjoyed in Big Canoe this year.
Thoughts from the real estate industry rolling into 2017...
2017 will be a good year for the real estate market, according to the latest reports by Realtor.com® and Fortune.com. Growth will continue, albeit at a slower pace, and the home ownership rate is expected to climb to 63.5 percent, up from 62.9 percent in 2016. Here are five of the top housing trends predicted for 2017:
- Millennials and Baby Boomers will dominate the market. Boomers are expected to make up 30 percent of the real estate market and will be more successful at closing because they’re less dependent on financing. Millennials will be 33 percent of the buyer pool, slightly less than expected because of higher interest rates.
- Slowing price appreciation. Nationally, home prices are expected to keep rising, albeit more slowly—3.9 per-cent growth in 2017, vs. 4.9 percent in 2016. Small homes have seen much sharper price growth than larger ones.
- Less inventory and faster-moving markets. There will be fewer homes on the market and what is available will sell quickly, as demand outstrips supply.
- Growing families, make your move. If you’re looking to trade up to a larger home, you’re in the housing market’s sweet spot, and the first part of 2017 should be a particularly good time to strike. Over the five years between 2011 and 2016, the average price on a two-bedroom house climbed 59% nationwide, while four-bedroom houses rose a more modest 41%. Inventory has also risen at the higher end of the market, climbing almost 8% for homes in the $500,000 to $750,000 range.
- Lock in a lower rate. If you’re ready to buy, now is a good time to pull the trigger on financing, since the record-low mortgage rates seen in 2016 aren’t expected to last. Average rates could rise as much as half a per-cent in the next year.
Three beautiful homes for sale at Big Canoe Real Estate Scorecard found of interest:
166 Summit Circle, Big Canoe, GA 30143 - 5 bedrooms / 3.5 baths
A fabulous 4,469 square foot Big Canoe home for sale with many extra upgraded features. From the moment you walk in the door, we’re confident you'll be impressed. An open floor plan extends to screened porch with fireplace and outdoor kitchen. Walk out to the open deck for your view. Terrace level has huge den/media room, complete with wet bar, wine cellar and hot tub on the deck. Asking $624,900.
128 Wood Fern Knoll, Big Canoe, GA 30141 - 4 bedrooms / 3.5 baths
Beautifully appointed 4 bedroom / 3.5 baths Big Canoe home for sale with panoramic long range mountain views. Master bedroom is on the main level with open floor plan, hardwood flooring, built-ins & formal dining room. Sitting front porch, expansive wood deck on main level provides for year round enjoyment. Home has an attached two car garage on main level, hardy-plank exterior siding, a new roof, casement windows, sauna & new hardwood flooring in great room on the terrace level. Asking $539,000
58 Lake Watch Village, Big Canoe, GA 30143 - 2 bedrooms / 2 baths
Lakefront, Golf & Mountain Views From beautiful, completely refurbished 1,048 square foot Lake Watch Big Canoe villa for sale. Infinity lake views from great room. New energy saving glass all around the home, including new large picture windows in great room. 100% hardy-plank exterior so this home is extremely low maintenance and highly efficient. Includes master and guest room on main, plus extra sleeping area on 2nd level. Walk to clubhouse, fitness center and swim club/rock slide from this exceptional home. Close to gated entrance. Asking $369,900
As always, the more flexible you are, the more choices you’ll have.
Contact Big Canoe Realty at 770-893-2733 to schedule a visit.